View Single Post
Old 07-01-2016, 03:13 PM   #36
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact we are willing to pay Batum 26m a year but refuse to pay DH12 anywhere near that. And by all accounts Batum had a significantly higer usage rate than Howard and had all the opportunity in the world to showcase his skills last year. All it amounted to was a very average role player 15.6PER. Meanwhile DH12 had a career low(outside of rookie year) usage rate and played uninspired and was totally ignored by Harden but still managed to sleep walk his way to a double double and a 19PER. In a market where Mozgov is getting 16 and Noah 18 why are Mavs so willing to throw 26m per to a role player in Batum, who I like but has some similar defense/rebounding issues as Parsons and yet we want Howard at a bargain basement price with almost nothing on the roster to warrant such a bizarre picky approach? Oh and Howard fits next to Dirk about as well as you can get which is more than what I can say for Batum, who I have no idea how RC would use him. Recent wings don't tend to be flourishing under RC though(Crowder, Parsons).
I don't understand either. My only guess maybe Dirk doesn't like his attitude and doesn't want to play with him? Nothing else makes sense to me- UNLESS they're already planning to move on from Dirk officially start rebuilding.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote