View Single Post
Old 07-24-2002, 10:03 AM   #7
Stressboy

Stressboy is a jewel in the roughStressboy is a jewel in the roughStressboy is a jewel in the rough

Now I worked out a possible S&T through the clipps in the first thread about this and got no comments. Now that it is more of a possibility would you guys do a S&T with him making 80-90 mil over 7 years? What would you be willing to give up? I have added my crazy trade below, but really I just want to know if you guys would do more than just the exception. The crazy thing is that the S&T would keep us the Exception to go after role players we would be losing in a trade.

We would have to involve the Clips to swing the deal for us in exchange for Najera. I know they already have a huge draw, but Najera would be a great marketing tool for the owner who might be on the way to pissing off the fans again. In that scenario, Lewis would have to agree to start at 9 mil 6-7years and at that starting price his raises are smaller over the life of the contract, that makes him 4.5milBYC, we S&T Najera for about 4 mil a year to start so he is a 2milBYC to the Clipps along with a trade exception(we have 1 for about 900k), Avery Johnson 5mil, Mladen, and future 1st rounder go to Seattle, the Clipps send a 2nd rounder and Sean Rooks to Dallas to make the money work.

Seattle: gets 5 mil Avery johnson, Mladen and picks which is within the 15% of the 4.5BYC.
Dallas: give Najera 2milBYC(4mil a year starting salary) AJohnson 5mil and trade exception for a total of about 8 mil to get 9mil player which is within the 15%. (Again this is complicated stuff and if this is wrong and we have to get 7.5mil back, then maybe the Clips send us Rooks along with Rashard which would be 4.5BYC+2Mil which is within 15% of what the 7.5mil we sent out, but we might not need Rooks, or we might not need to send the trade exception)
Clipps: get Najera at 4 mil per year.

There are other ways the clipps could work the deal, maybe they would want AJ instead to have a pg with some experience if the Miller deal never happens, then they could package the players to give to the sonics and they keep Najera and AJ. It's all a wild thought, but I'm pretty sure the numbers can be worked out if the a team like the Clippers are willing to be the go between on the deal.
Stressboy is offline   Reply With Quote