View Single Post
Old 10-14-2008, 06:08 PM   #49
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epitome22
Whatever floats your boat man. Personally I'd save it (Americans don't save enough) and you're going to find that living on the public expense isn't a luxurious as you imagine it to be.

The U.S. has some of the lowest marginal tax rates in the world, with some other rich countries top marginal rate being almost twice that of the U.S., We can afford it and we'll need it.
Living on the public expense certainly isn't luxurious.. the harder you tax everybody, the further you're going to drive down the standard of living.

I don't care about what other countries do. You see, they have different governments, different people, different constitutions. We have a certain way of doing things here, according to the Constitution. It's what makes us who we are as a country, and it is what made us the most prosperous nation in the world. We're not Norway, and we're never going to be.

I don't get "we can afford it and we'll need it." Most importantly, it IS possible to REDUCE spending and the size of government. The federal government is trying to do too much. That's how we got where we are. It really got going with FDR, and now we're here, with a huge ass federal government. Secondly, it's not up to you (or anyone) to decide that it's right to confiscate someone else's earnings. Don't you get that? The federal government is not supposed to have first right of refusal over private assets.

Last edited by Rhylan; 10-14-2008 at 06:11 PM.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote