View Single Post
Old 08-20-2009, 12:04 PM   #41
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavdog View Post
if that were accurate, the accusation would be correct.

but that is not the case, insurance cos should act like a business, and they should do exactly what their business does...insure people against risk, and pay when their is a claim.

they should not be able to stop insuring people when the risk is realized. that is removing the downside of the policy they underwrote.
You're not making sense.

If I have health insurance in force when I become ill, the insurance company has to pay. Now, should they be allowed to raise premiums? Of course. Otherwise, how is it insurance?

Quote:
that's not being a "charity", far from it. the premiums will be paid, and the coverage will be extended, and if there is a claim it should be paid.
I'm not sure what you're arguing here. Are you saying that insurance companies shouldn't be allowed to stop insuring people, that they shouldn't be allowed to raise premiums when a person gets sick, or what?

Quote:
the false accusation that it is the "federal government..as an insurance/welfare company" is false. wrong. inaccurate. a lie.

the federal governemnt does not write a single policy.
Look, if you want everybody covered no matter what, that's going to result in a gigantic increase in costs. Unless you think that each individual patient is going to cover the cost of that increase through their premiums (which would be a ridiculous assumption), then I'm not sure why you're denying that the federal government would have to pick up the tab.