View Single Post
Old 08-21-2009, 03:27 PM   #75
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
You speak as if that makes it a bad thing.
Depends on how you look at it.

If you consider Money to be a tool and not all powerful then yes, it is a bad thing.

If I work all day long, I want something for what I worked for.

Why would I work and work for nothing?

With that said, I would work and work to make sure that my house doesn't catch fire or be flooded, etc --- even though it might still happen. So why would I do it -- so I could sleep and stop worrying about it. Exactly like why I have insurance.

Most likely I and most people would be better off monetarily if I would take the same amount of money each paycheck and put it in a savings account, and then get catastrophic insurance policy. I don't though because 1) I am lazy 2) employer pays a portion of my plan 3) I like sleep.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote