Thread: REBOUNDING!
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 02:46 PM   #25
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Talk about ridiculous hyperbole. Murphy played a whopping 11 minutes against Philly. His minutes have been going down since the Golden State game so maybe take a deep breath there. Who are you going to blame on destroying the team once Murphy gets 0 minutes? Maybe the team just isn't that good? I pin my hope on the fact that the championship squad was 2-7 without Dirk. Just gotta try to stay at .500 until he gets back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
! ! !

Dallas is dead last in the league in opponent rebounds per game. Dead last in giving up offensive rebounds. 27th in offense rebounds. 26th in differential. What can be done to fix this? Players just aren't properly boxing out or caring enough. There is no other excuse for such awful numbers.

Hyperbole? A Bit. Wrong? Maybe you should argue against the facts. Wright is better than Murphy. Your take?

Do you contest that assertion or was your post simply a criticism of my hyperbolic verb use? I'm pretty sure I never said that he was the sole reason this team was bad and have filled the forum with dozens of posts of analysis and stats that point to other issues that we are facing. I know this team is having issues and I know the primary reasons why (1- Dirk, 2- new team gelling issues). That doesn't mean that a Mavericks fan can't go about trying to figure out the reason we are AS bad as we are.

This isn't about why the team is bad right now. It is about aspects of the coaching and roster that are troubling and answering the question-- or assertion-- whatever it was that you brought up when you created this thread. What can be done? Play Brandan Wright.

Wright getting no PT when he is the obvious best choice (at least until Dirk gets back) is a problem and the solution is that Carlisle should play him.

Marion has been terrible. Mayo has been passive during a lot of crucial minutes. We've been killed on defense and rebounding. Will those issues still matter when Dirk returns? We'll have to see, but in the mean time, I will analyze why we are as bad as we are and how we could be less bad in Dirk's absence. Wright getting PT is one of them. Collison's lack of PG skills are another. The obvious answer is to get Dirk to play PF, but since he's injured, I figured it would be better to talk about what can be done RIGHT NOW while he's gone so that we can "stay at .500 until he gets back" like you said.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 11-28-2012 at 02:58 PM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote