View Single Post
Old 12-09-2004, 01:51 PM   #7
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Addressing some common fallacies concerning Dirk

Quote:
Originally posted by: LRB
There's no doubt that Nellie screwed up last year with the Antoine Walker disaster experiment. I think that we saw the true Dirk in the playoffs last year, but even that wasn't enough with Nellie refusing to play the only true center on the team and many other experiments. I also agree that Dirk would have put up similar numbers with Nash here. However I do thing that Dirk has taken a major step in leadership with Nash being gone. I was at the Pistons game the other night, and I remember seeing Dirk talking and pointing out where players needed to go both on Defense and on offense. He was far more assertive with his teamates that I've ever seen him. That said, I still say that we would have a much better team now if we still had Nash. It will be the future that will tell us if letting Nash go was a success or not.
As far as barking out orders and taking over some of the leadership, I agree. With one less leader on the team, it became more important for Dirk to take on more of that responsibility.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote