View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 12:28 AM   #82
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
What he did in the OT period is irrelevant to the point I was responding to. As for regulation, the seven of the last 10 bit just means nobody was scoring for Dallas down the stretch, because OJ didn't score a single point in the last four minutes of regulation, all three of his made field goals in the 4th (whoa three baskets in a quarter, look out, he's on fire! /sarcasm) had been assisted, so there wasn't any kind of precedent for him creating his own shot, and he had missed his last two shots of regulation. He was clearly not hot.
There was only 3 shots made total by both teams in the last 4 mins, especially V.C, who hadn't scored since like the 3 min mark in the 3rd. So who is hot is relative. Who is being focused in on and what is happening defensively comes into play too. The point is regardless what you would consider hot, V.C. was much further from it than OJ was at that time. I don't think it's a stretch for anyone to say Coach favors the veteran in a lot of situations. I can't say I blame him, but in this case I think that he made the wrong decisions *IF* it was to Iso for V.C. and not involve Mayo.

I think most of us agree that the shot Vince ended up settling for wasn't a good decision. He needed to take it to the rack and finish, get to the ft line, or kick it out. We can come up with several different and better options than what ended up happening. Could have used Kaman in an iso there too, to get VC or Mayo a look. Anything but a fadeaway. Most times, I don't even particularly care much for Dirk shooting those at the end of games and there isn't a player better at it. The ref doesn't ever have to make a decision unless it's obvious on that type of last resort play.

We should probably be putting the ball in OJ's hands in those situations anyway to see what he can come up with.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote