View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 01:29 AM   #110
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
This statement..

..is simply not true.

The rest of his point is accurate. Most games are in fact decided in the fourth quarter. That's the case because even the best and worst teams in the NBA aren't separated by THAT much. The best teams win at an average clip of 8-9 points a game. That means the majority of NBA games are going to be close at the end.

And I agree with all that. I stated that performing in crunch time is important and more difficult.

But that doesn't mean that performing for the first three quarters is irrelevant. That's absurd.
No one really pays attention to me when I say this, but I have a conjecture that more games are won in the first quarter than they are in the fourth quarter. It's counter-intuitive, yes. But when that's the case, it's probably a good idea to take a step back and ask why.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote