View Single Post
Old 06-02-2016, 04:52 PM   #89
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

I don't see this year's roster being any worse at the start of this coming season than last year's so I don't see Dirk ever leaving. I think he'd be content staying as a Mav with a legit opportunity to be at least a 6 seed.

Remember we started the season with a huge question mark at center and 3 core players coming off major injuries and still finished 6th so Dirk probably has faith in the FO to put together a team that can at least compete for the 6th spot even if we don't sign any major FAs.

Finishing 6th in the West is not the most appealing situation to a Mavs fan but probably satisfactory to keep Dirk in a Mavs uniform at this stage of his career.
Unless Cuban tells Dirk that he is tearing this thing down and building from scratch with youth, I don't see Dirk leaving this team.

Last edited by rimrocker; 06-02-2016 at 04:55 PM.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote