View Single Post
Old 01-18-2004, 02:22 AM   #1
ddh33
Platinum Member

ddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant future
Default Interesting Speculation

In Marc Stein's article, where he mentions the 50/50 shot of a trade happening this weekend, there is a quote that stood out to me towards the bottom.

Here it is:
"The Mavericks would also be risking the loss of Wallace without compensation in the summer, after billing Nowitzki and Jamison as their frontcourt tandem for the foreseeable future."

What's really interesting to me is hearing that the Mavs seem to be more willing to trade Walker at this point. It's also interesting that Dirk and Jamison was billed as the frontcourt of the future - not Walker.

Could it be that my hopes are coming true? Is it possible that Portland and Dallas are realizing that the best trade for both teams is a Walker/Wallace deal. It would give Portland the playmaking they want and need. It also allows them to keep their salary flexibility.

From Dallas' perspective, it keeps our lockerroom harmony better. It keeps our instant offense off the bench. Best of all, it allows to continue to play the matchup ball that I sometimes prefer - where Fortson or Bradley starts sometimes, Howard starts some, etc.

I really hope that as the losses continue to mount, Portland will begin to lower their demands and take someone like Walker instead of Jamison. It may help both teams more in the long run.
ddh33 is offline   Reply With Quote