View Single Post
Old 08-18-2008, 02:27 PM   #426
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog
Or more realistically - where are the safeguards against teachers raping students? (because that happens a hell of a lot more than shootings, but nobody seems to be too concerned about persistent problems when we have so many rarities to worry about...)
speed limit or law against ------ good question.

Teachers raping students is not on the publics list of "things to worry with" at this point in time.

Schools getting shot up by individuals is on that list.

I guess, I related it to the point that 10 times more people are killed in automobiles than are killed by guns in the US, but the sentiment is that guns are the problem.

Probably 10 times more students are raped by teachers than people killed by "crazy kids with guns", but the sentiment is that the kids with guns is the problem.

I do know that their are three sides to every story -- what you see, what I see, then the truth which is usually in the middle somewhere.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote