Thread: LOST: SEASON 5
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2009, 03:17 PM   #1170
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeball View Post
I haven't read any articles or summaries yet but..

All this talk about good v evil and predestination v free will..

LOST is trying to tackle three of the greatest mysteries known to man..
1. Time Traveling
2. Free will v Predestination
3. Love - lol Sawliet...JacKate

But if this is a parallel with the Bible it is pretty stretched.

Jacob (good, Jesus, God) v Esau (evil)...

Jacob went to those who survived the Oceanic flight before the crash..and "preordained them to survive." Has them suffer through trials to see if they are worthy of the kingdom (the island). Then one of his followers Locke (Judas) betrays him and gets Ben to kill him through a loophole (Roman crucifixion).
While the symbolism is there...I really doubt the writers are going to go CS Lewis on the audience...it won't be something so clear cut as a Jesus vs. Satan battle royale. thats too easy.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote