View Single Post
Old 05-11-2010, 05:29 PM   #94
Maringa
Golden Member

Maringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to all

This wasn't directed at you mavs777 personally...I guess of all of the years that I have been a fan and a very limited participation on this board, I have become jaded and extremely disappointed after off-season, after off-season, of potential sky-is-the-limit trades that were supposed to bring Kobe, Kidd earlier in his career, Shaq, Boozer, etc...it just appears that the Mavs are always short of enough talented players to complete a major trade, or enough cap room to lure any significant free agents. It seems that all of the attractive free agents have always used the Mavs for leverage in their resigning or sign-and-trades for other teams to complete. Every once in a while, the Mavs do complete a decent trade - like the Caron Butler/Haywood, but it is never for any young, upcoming talent...always for some talent on the way down: Caron, Antoine Walker, Jason Kidd.

I don't know what is going to be different this year...the Dust chip I think is over rated - I think it will net us something, but nothing significant. Something deep inside me says that Damp will be resigned, because Haywood is going to split to another team (he will use Dallas as a bargaining chip - you watch).

I wish Dallas well, but I expect more of the same...