View Single Post
Old 05-11-2010, 06:15 PM   #96
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maringa View Post
This wasn't directed at you mavs777 personally...I guess of all of the years that I have been a fan and a very limited participation on this board, I have become jaded and extremely disappointed after off-season, after off-season, of potential sky-is-the-limit trades that were supposed to bring Kobe, Kidd earlier in his career, Shaq, Boozer, etc...it just appears that the Mavs are always short of enough talented players to complete a major trade, or enough cap room to lure any significant free agents. It seems that all of the attractive free agents have always used the Mavs for leverage in their resigning or sign-and-trades for other teams to complete. Every once in a while, the Mavs do complete a decent trade - like the Caron Butler/Haywood, but it is never for any young, upcoming talent...always for some talent on the way down: Caron, Antoine Walker, Jason Kidd.

I don't know what is going to be different this year...the Dust chip I think is over rated - I think it will net us something, but nothing significant. Something deep inside me says that Damp will be resigned, because Haywood is going to split to another team (he will use Dallas as a bargaining chip - you watch).

I wish Dallas well, but I expect more of the same...
Marion is far better than any of the players you just meantioned, we landed Butler and Haywood also in the middle of the season.... Damps contract is special cause it can help a team get cheaper but at the same time get some talent back, Butler and Damp for Wade if Miami knows he leaves, Miami cuts a bunch of money (what about 10 mill$?) while still getting a quality player back
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote