View Single Post
Old 02-08-2002, 07:43 AM   #1
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

To be honest..i see finley's scoring dropping the rest of the season. I see the mavericks continuing to play alot of up tempo game which often times leaves finley out a bit. Finley's strong point isn't handling the ball, so the fast break and driving aren't necessarily his strengths.

However, we all know that the playoffs is something different.
The playoffs is based upon the half court offense. This being said, could finley's average drop to 18 points or so during the regular season only to see him play better in the post season?
Is finley a better fit for post season basketball on this mavs team than he is for the current mix during the regular season?

Obviously, in a series, if a shooter is off, ..this can cause him to have a poor series..
but, with the spacing that is being created by nash and dirk's ability to draw the double team, i see finley having open jumper after open jumper in the playoffs... if he's on, i see finley being more valuable in the playoffs than he is in the regular season.

thoughts?
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote