View Single Post
Old 01-30-2006, 04:05 AM   #126
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

Just got done with Waking Life.

I'm not quite sure how to feel about this film. At times, I really enjoyed the philosophies and issues discussed. Other times, I felt like they were overly pretentious. As far as how it works as a film, again, at times, I really enjoyed what it was doing, and at other times, felt like it was too scatter-shot.

As the movie progressed, I realized that the film was scatter-shot for a reason, so I appreciate the presentation of ideas in a film form. However, this is a movie that certainly won't appeal to everyone because so many of the scenes are so dense with information.

As far as the animation, I loved it. I think roto-scoping is a really cool technique when it is done well, and I think it was done very well here. It's tough for me to decide whether or not to recommend this film en masse. I would need to know an individual to decide whether or not they would like it. If you are into philosophy and movies that make you think (and i mean, really really make you think, this film can be quite dense), then check it out. If that doesn't sound like your cup of tea, then go ahead and avoid it.

I really want to go have some lucid dreams now.

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote