View Single Post
Old 10-19-2004, 02:28 PM   #2
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future
Default RE:Trade Deadline -- looking better

I admit I would love to see Peja in a Mavs uniform. He brings alot to the table in terms of raw scoring ability and he's a great shooter. However, I heard Bill Walton mention the other night during the Mavs/Rockets game that Peja is still 'masquerading as a complete player.' --> pointing out that Peja does little more cut and get layups off of passes from big men, and shooting. Note: definitely not saying Bill Walton knows what he's talking about, just an interesting comment.

A 6'10 SF certainly holds appeal, but if we had a starting 5 of JT, Finley, Peja, Dirk, and Damp, we would have 4 straight up scorers and no one to handle the rock (at least Marquis has a rep with Nellie as a passer). Also, our defensive integrity goes down significantly (Josh is probably our best perimeter defender).

Another thing is...who knows how good Stack is gonna be? Maybe he can be a 16 pt. scorer off the bench. We really don't need another scorer.

Regardless, I reiterate that I'd really like to see Peja as a Mav, it just seems like it'd be a kickass team to watch...but at the same time I'm not sure if we would have a better chance to win the Championship with him, which I think is our ultimate goal this season.
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote