View Single Post
Old 08-18-2008, 01:16 AM   #409
jefelump

jefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary
I'm certainly no pacifist, if that's what your asking.

Do I own a gun? No.

Would I use one? Under the right circumstances, you bet.

Do I believe in guns? Guns are not "beliefs", they are acutal physical objects, and I'm quite sure they exist.

Are those seperate issues, or the same one?
You're being too literal. When someone says "I don't believe in guns", they aren't questioning the existence of guns. They are stating "I don't believe using guns is right", or something like that.

And why won't you answer my question? If you dislike the solution offered, what is your solution?

"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain

'Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,'
--Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Last edited by jefelump; 08-18-2008 at 01:17 AM.
jefelump is offline   Reply With Quote