Thread: Now what?
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2022, 10:10 AM   #1472
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
Just re-checked and Brunson?s Knicks deal starts at 27.6. So we were offering a full 6m less per year starting salary. Even worse than I had remembered.
That's still a large chunk of change for Brunson. I'm on record for saying 30 mil year, and I woulda paid it.

But plenty of fans cut their offer off at 22.5, and that isn't unreasonable. 30 mil contracts are hard to move if they aren't a top tier player, and even then, often difficult to match salary. I look at similarly tiered Brogdon in that regard. He is making 22.5 and still only got you a bunch of guys you've never heard of and a meh first rounder (top 12 protected in 2023 and turns into a second rounder if not conveyed).

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote