Thread: 2018 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2018, 01:48 PM   #626
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Where does Trae even rank as the best player available? I mean, he can score, but so can a lot of guys... I'm certainly not taking him over Ayton or Doncic, can't really see him being a significantly better scorer than Bagley or a healthy Porter. When you consider overall impact to the game, is he going to get you more wins than Jaren Jackson Jr? To me it doesn't seem like Young becomes a no-brainer BPA until you get to Bamba, and at that point he'll probably already be off the board. It's a problem that solves itself.
Bingo. I touched on it, but BPA is so much harder to apply to a rebuilding NBA team that already has some young pieces in place. It would be incredibly tough for me to take Trae Young over those same guys. I also said it probably begins with Bamba.

I did forget to mention that in addition to hopefully the Mavs not having the issue (re. we are #1 and can simply take Ayton or our pick - I'd be wholly pissed off if we took Young #1 lol), that someone else may value him much higher due to their need for such a guard.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote