View Single Post
Old 02-20-2007, 09:41 AM   #4
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

its ANYTHING but simple... but that is an undeniable and important factor. BUt even that component isn't simple. My mom volunteered 15 - 20 hours a week at my (public) elementary school, as did about half the moms of my friends. My eldest daughter is going to be starting school in the fall, I'd venture to guess that well less than 50% of the moms of the kids at her school will be "stay-at-home" moms. There is NO way a household without a stay-at-home partner can give the level of attention many of us grew up thinking was "normal".

THere are lots of good reasons, and lots of bad reasons, why there are fewer stay-at-home parents these days, but whatever the cause... there simply ARE fewer of them. This doesn't abdicate parents' responsibility of being involved in their kids schooling, but it certainly changes the dynamics around a bit.
mcsluggo is offline   Reply With Quote