View Single Post
Old 05-25-2011, 04:43 PM   #109
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
no doubt that when an MVP, whose primary focus is scoring does so at barely 40% clip (37% first round, 36% ECF) there is terrible hype going on
Dirk in 07: 19.7 ppg, 38% shooting, 21% shooting from 3 (11.7 boards though, 2 assists and 2.3 TOs) lost in the first round.

Rose in 11: 27 ppg, 40% shooting, 24% shooting from 3 (4 boards, 7.7 assists, 3.7 TOs though) lost in the 3rd round.

Now before everyone freaks out, I'm not implying that Dirk didn't deserve the MVP or that Rose has out played him, but I find the comment to point out that Rose doesn't deserve the MVP because of shooting % in the playoffs that year a little ironic.

edit: and yes I understand that Dirk rebounded awesomely, but does a 11.7board/2assist advantage over 4boards/7.7assists really make the difference between justifying an MVP and not.. because I don't think 1.4 less TOs per game would make the difference.

edit 2: Seriously, though. Before anyone freaks out.... I'm not even taking a stance on if Rose deserves the MVP or not and I'm NOT saying he is better or more deserving than Dirk. I'm just pointing out that the comment was funny.. If Rose doesn't deserve the MVP, this isn't the whole reason. I just don't want any bad vibes of anger on game day.

Last edited by fluid.forty.one; 05-25-2011 at 05:03 PM.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote