View Single Post
Old 04-27-2016, 01:03 PM   #161
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Howard isnt happening and McMahon explained it now pretty clear why:

MacMahon:

It's Parsons' plan A. He has some say but he's not 1/2 on the decision making chart. As much as he wants to make it happen, I highly, highly doubt he ends up in Dallas.

1. Talking to folks, Mavs won't offer the max. They will not sniff his max. If he ends up in Dallas, it would mean the market for him is awfully disappointing. Maybe $20M per year.

2. This should be the lead reason. This is not from the horse's mouth himself but it would be an awfully tough pill to swallow for Dirk to play with Howard. Hate is a strong word but yeah. It would be an awfully tough pill to swallow. A motivated Dwight would be perfect next to Dirk.

Decision makers:
Cuban is clearly #1, no contest. Donnie is a consultant. He consults with Carlisle. Cuban is the GM of the Mavs. He's the most hands on owner in sports when it comes to personnel decisions. He makes every single one.

2. Dirk. Dirk wanted Rondo; Rondo deal got done. He also wanted Kidd.
3. Donnie/Carlisle
4. Parsons - DeAndre was a Parsons plan.

Dirk has veto power. If he tells Cuban no, Cuban is ok. When he speaks, it matters. He spoke on Rondo. I don't know how loudly he'll speak on Dwight. He no commented on Dwight yesterday. That speaks volume. If you think about it, it makes sense. You see the way Dwight's production has plummeted and all the drama with Dwight going back to Orlando. LA, who does Dirk know? Steve Nash. Who's been in Houston? Jason Terry. Two of his favorite teammates ever have told him enough Howard horror stories to fill a few novels. Dwight stands for everything that is the opposite of Dirk. Dirk is the epitome of maximizing all his gifts. He's a professional. Workaholic. He's dragging a leg up and down the court at the age of 37. He's give it all all the time. Dwight is one of the biggest wastes of natural resources in NBA history. Parsons is right, he can still be great. You see flashes. How often do you get it though? That would make it hard for Dirk to say bring him in.

Do not assume it's plan A. It may be Parsons plan A but it's not Cuban/Dirk's plan A.

If Chandler returns to Dallas(very good chance, not coming at discount, wants max)...as long as Dirk is wearing a uniform, as often as he wants a say, his voice matters more than anyone else's and it's not close. He's earned that right.

Parsons will try to sell Cuban: Look how good/motivated he was when I was there. He'll be motivated with me.
That might be all great for Dirk but what then is plan A?

I get the whole Dirk respect thing but this team simply needs to move forward. If Cuban and Dirk think that a Parsons and Dirk SF/PF combo is going to cut it without any kind of athletic defensive beast at center then they can expect another average-to-below average season with an early exit in the POs...if they even make it.

If Dwight is out of the question then Whiteside should probably be plan A.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote