View Single Post
Old 05-28-2003, 08:39 AM   #3
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

The fun thing is that I can disagree with Blackistone without even bothering to read his crap. I think he had another column written, for a different result, and then had to come up with this marshmallow to cover his @$$.

Did I expect the Mavericks to win last night? No. Am I surprised by a game like last night's? No.

This is, unfortunately, the kind of game the Mavericks excel at--the all-pressure-off, shoot-til-u-drop kind. And the Spurs basically fell asleep at the wheel. For me, this game doesn't show that they have 'heart' as much as it shows that they play much, much better when there's no pressure than they play when they are expected to do something.

It will entertain the crowd who wants to root for an underdog. It has no chance of winning a championship.

But it did have a satisfying feel to it, for those who bothered to stick around. At any rate, maybe one more chance to watch Dirk.

And Fin was stellar.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote