View Single Post
Old 10-15-2008, 01:03 PM   #100
minkbarn

minkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof
Thanks for going against your nature.

If higher taxation and more government were the best means to help people those without, due to its size and scope (can raise money faster and direct it towards any cause faster than any other entity), would you support higher taxes on those who could afford it?
I'm not sure if this was asked of me. I don't think I understand the question. Can you rephrase it?

I think high taxation is a very bad thing. But we're faced with a crippling budget deficit and a crippling trade deficit. Those are very bad things too and they have to be addressed. We either have to get more tax revenue or dramatically cut central government programs, or both. There's not enough pork to trim to touch the kinds of numbers we're talking about.

It's ugly but that's the reality. The next president is faced with some really tough choices. I do not envy the winner of this coming election.

Eight years ago we had a surplus...
minkbarn is offline   Reply With Quote