View Single Post
Old 10-15-2008, 02:28 PM   #115
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof
I hear most of what you're saying (corruptibility, efficiency) except I think I think we have the ability to change the mechanism, where you don't seem to (I may be wrong).
I think it gathers momentum that gets harder and harder to change. (this is where I absolutely agree with the nutcases like alexamenos) If you hate what the Bush administration was able to do, then you have to hate all the votes that went into creating their opportunity over the past century or so. Where as people could have been saying, "lets shrink federal power because someday some guy I don't like will do things with that power that I don't like," people instead said, "lets give the government more power cause it makes it easier for the guy I like to do things I do like"

Last edited by Usually Lurkin; 10-15-2008 at 02:28 PM.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote