View Single Post
Old 11-14-2019, 10:14 PM   #110
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack.Kerr View Post
That's not the mindset of the majority of NYK fans right now, not at all. They realize that they (the fans) got shafted in the trade, and that they got sold a bunch of lies about free agency. Fizdale is the easy target because he's the most accessible, but Perry and Mills are hanging by a thread, and the fans smell blood. Add to that the fact that KP has said nothing but good things about the city and the fans and I don't foresee harsh treatment for him.

Wins and losses don't matter if the top two players aren't synched up. That means playing together, re-inforcing each other's strengths, compensating for each other's limitations, making the game easier for one anotehr, and making each other (and their teammates) better. One player playing well and another playing like.....not so well, is not MY definition of being in synch.

Luka will learn, sooner or later, that he can't dominate the league by himself, at least not in terms of winning championships. He's luckier than most top young players in that he is playing alongside a uniquely outstanding talent in KP. Dominating the stat line with empty triple doubles (especially in a losing effort) is pointless, beyond pushing his own brand. I see way too many figures in national media, in the Mavs press, and on this board who seem to think that Luka's trip-dubs are an end in themselves. Letting Luka's stat lines come between him and KP is a one-way ticket to Loserville. Promoting Luka's personal achievements at the cost of all else is a sure way to put off top-tier free agents too. Who is going to want to come play second- or third-fiddle to Luka and/or KP?

The best thing Luka can do for the Mavs is establish himself as player who makes OTHER players better, not some Euro-Iverson knockoff who puts up big numbers at the expense of his teammates, and never finishing first.
I'd like to take this time to mention I told ya the Fans would boo the shit out of KP.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote