View Single Post
Old 12-25-2004, 05:59 PM   #14
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:Mavs' Howard showing Pippen-like qualities

Quote:
Originally posted by: dirno2000
Quote:
He was a one man wrecking crew on defense and certainly one of the best defenders in the 90`s.
I was referring to his offensive game, but he was a tenacious defender who could dominate a game. I wouldn't call him a one man wrecking crew though...Harper and that Jordan guy held their own on that end of the floor too [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Yeah Harper and Jordan were pretty good too. I think I´ve got that wrecking crew reference from one of the later finals series (maybe the one against Utah? but it could also be a ECF series like against Idiana) where the Bulls played Pippen at the top of the key alot using him as kind of a joker on D. Pippen played the passing lanes, provided help/double teams on the perimeter and down low and was basicly everywhere on the floor, while still holding his man in check. If I remember correctly the announcers reffered to him as a "one man wrecking crew". That´s where I got it from I think.
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote