View Single Post
Old 11-17-2004, 02:56 AM   #1
bloodyhell

bloodyhell is on a distinguished road
Default The most obvious problems we had against the suns and How to beat them next time.

Dirk shot somewhat terrible and had to struggle and create very bad shots once again. He's still not getting good shots and passes from the pg's imo. Until he gets better options on his shots, episodes like this will be more common imo. Now we can all see how amazing nash really was and how great he can make other players. Having said that, dirk is still great on his own but if he only gets bad shots or has to create out of nothing, we are sunk. Especially if he's off.

Having said that, i think we will have a far better game against them next time we meet. As a team We didn't shoot to well at all. Our passing was horrendous and our movement off the ball was complete crap. imo We couldn't get a defensive rebound to save our lives.

Bradley made some mistakes but he almost saved our asses in their last night and was somewhat impressive at points. Most of those calls on him were bogus imo. The refs were also terrible and laker esque last night but make no mistake about it. we sucked last night.

To do better i firmly believe we may need a different 3rd man. Someone who can match up against the suns. i'd suggest someone fast and with strength and jumping ability. One thing that can be said about the suns is they are fast, strong and hyper active jumpers. Too bad we don't have a robert javtokas type on our team. That dude blocked Amare twice in the olympics. But make no mistake we may very well need someone hyper like that, come playoff time. Najera is missed in that instance imo. He was great at annoying people at the 3 and 4.

Nash was excellent and really makes everyone on that team look awesome. It will be tough to stop them in the future. I think we need more energy in the 3 position and at the 5 as well, against them. Henderson won't be fast enough imo and our others aren't strong enough at the 3 and 5 imo. Dampier is clearly too slow there. imo

It was so bad that i was saying to myself, we actually need a hero or someone big and mean to just come in and beat some people up. They were embarrassing us with dunks. It reminded me, when the italian team played the u.s. in the olympics and they wouldn't allow one single dunk from our team. All they'd do was foul. Marconato and galanda would foul amare and anyone else who tried. It was like a mental breakdown for the u.s. team, not getting dunks. They were brutal and cruel. They'd foul all day if they had to. It was beautiful.
We could have used some cheap and hard fouls last night. Bradley was great but he's too nice at times. I was actually hoping ssomeone would go over and sucker punch one their players. I was hoping we could bring in pavel to bang those idiots around if not start a fight.
They just killed us. We might as well had started throwing elbows and punches at them to shake them up a bit. Put them on their asses like shaq or laimbeer would. Instead we got bitchslapped.

Next time we better come out intense, pissed and focused or we're f'd.