View Single Post
Old 11-17-2004, 06:28 PM   #8
The Miles

The Miles is on a distinguished road
Default RE:The most obvious problems we had against the suns and How to beat them next time.

Quote:

To do better i firmly believe we may need a different 3rd man. Someone who can match up against the suns. i'd suggest someone fast and with strength and jumping ability. One thing that can be said about the suns is they are fast, strong and hyper active jumpers. Too bad we don't have a robert javtokas type on our team. That dude blocked Amare twice in the olympics. But make no mistake we may very well need someone hyper like that, come playoff time. Najera is missed in that instance imo. He was great at annoying people at the 3 and 4.
Mbenga should become that player, I am suprised we didn't see him some last night. He is *that* guy, he just needs to learn the offense to get on the court.

Quote:

4. Terry is the Mavs third-best offensive weapon (with Finley on the IR) and the player with the best chance of slowing Nash's offense because of his quickness. He's also a key to trying to tire Nash out and/or harass Johnson when Nash was out. Terry went down hurt.
I thought Devin Harris was fantastic. He is quicker then Terry and Nash had 9 TOs. Only thing that I see JT having over Devin at this point is outside shooting. Harris is faster, quicker. more athletic, better at getting to the hole, a better passer, better on the ball defender, about equal off the ball, both are good playing passing lanes. The more Devin gets to play, the better his outside shot should get, and the better we will become. Harris needs to work on keeping his dribble alive and he did that well last night, but he has to do it more often.

"When you (Coach Johnson) get behind your players like that it’s something special. He’s the general and we are soldiers, you go out there and want to lay it all on the line…that’s the type of situation I wanted to be in."-Doug Christie
The Miles is offline   Reply With Quote