View Single Post
Old 08-23-2009, 10:33 AM   #87
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanDunk View Post
I still don´t know why public healthcare is evil. It´s the best thing ever invented !
I'm going to go with the iPhone 3gs as the greatest thing ever. If the iPhone had a vagina I would never need to actually be in the same room with another person.

As for public healthcare....even if we were to agree that public health care is a good idea in theory, there's still the question of whether this government (the US Fed Gov) can handle such a thing.

On the second question, there's basically zero reason to believe the the Fed Gov can and will do anything useful when it comes to healthcare -- zero....to borrow a phrase from aquaadverse, "there are zero examples of this."

The Fed Gov is a bloated, corrupt, out of control institution....who would want a bloated, corrupt, out of control institution rationing your health care?

just a few little factoids....

The Fed Gov is running about a $1,800,000,000,000 deficit this year;
The Pentagon cannot account for how it spent trillions of dollars;
The Federal Reserve won't account for what it's done with trillions of dollars.

When we start measuring an institution's fiscal irresponsibilities with Trillions (rather than billions or preferably millions), it's time to reign it in, not give it more.