View Single Post
Old 07-22-2005, 09:24 AM   #4
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: This so bugs me!

This is way to scary a story for me. I have four daughters, two of which are teen agers now.

I hope I have taught them right from wrong. (I hope)

The one thing that has influenced me, and I truly believe is the answer to this issue --- keeping fathers involved in their daughters lives.
From what I have seen (I am pushing 40) -- that if you keep involved in your childrens lives... then they aren't searching for that "love". Everyone wants/needs love, and if they find that love from Jesus, as seen through a father figure, then they don't seem to have the "desire" to have to be controlled by any male because of the need to be loved.

I spend time with kids almost daily - coaching basketball and fastpitch softball. I actually saw a shirt the other day with DADD -- Dads Against Daughters Dating with crossed baseball bats on it..... the problem was it wasn't finished --- it should have also read 1) Keep Involved Dads 2) Keep them focused on the Lord 3) Keep them learning to work together while growing confidence in themselves.

This issue isn't going away. It isn't something new (just part of the coming back around... read up on some old Roman history). It isn't easy.

And let's face facts..... Most parents fail as parents because they are selfish, and don't want to parent....they are just to lazy to spend the time "showing" children that they really love them, by setting limits, and giving them a stable environment. They don't show kids how to handle problems properly...they run from them. They have forgotten that kids are the future, and they need to be "trained".......by the parent...not the schools, friends, TV, etc. Too bad most parents are too lazy to TEACH.............

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote