Thread: Damn Yankees
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2005, 10:57 AM   #9
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Damn Yankees

It's your opinion as to what is more important....ARod's lead in certain categories or Ortiz' lead in other offensive categories. Personally, being as clutch as Ortiz is makes up for alot of the edge that ARod has in other categories. Yes, I know that some of the categories that I mentioned overlap, but it is just your opinion that ARod's offensive numbers are better overall just as it is mine that I'd give the offensive edge to Ortiz simply because of the way he performs when it matters most. That is subjective.

You can downplay the importance of hitting in the clutch all you want, but you'll be the only one.

As I said, I'd give the edge to ARod, but Ortiz ability to do things in the clutch much better than ARod is a huge equalizing factor.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote