Thread: Damn Yankees
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2005, 12:30 PM   #10
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Damn Yankees

Hitting "in the clutch" is very important but it doesnt make up for the other overall difference in their hitting. Arod has better triple crown numbers and better sabermetric numbers. Hitting in the clutch is based on luck. It has been proven that over time "clutch hitting" either regresses to or catches up to your regular numbers depending on where your clutch hitting stats are originally. Ie Derek Jeter. He used to be captain clutch but in the last couple of years he has regressed back to his regular self in clutch situations. Ortiz has a worse BA and OBP in close and late game situations so its not like he just destroys arod in clutch stats either. Arod has more game winning or tieing home runs and Rbis. You could use the they can come early in the game but then again so do alot of Ortiz's risp and runners on stats. It is my opinion that Arod has had a better season offensively, but my opinion has a much stronger base than yours. Baseball is a game of numbers and AROD has better numbers. He has been the better hitter. However he has a history of getting screwed out of MVPs so I wouldnt be overly shocked to see him lose it.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote