Thread: Damn Yankees
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2005, 03:56 PM   #15
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Damn Yankees

Whether people would say the yankees would still be in or not isnt relevant. Ortiz plays in a better lineup and all he does is hit so he wouldnt be a bigger loss than Arod. Arod has MORE game winning RBIs than Ortiz does and more game winning home runs. Ortiz doesnt have 22 walk off hits this year. RISP isnt always in a meaningful situation either murph but more often than not it is so Im not gonna argue that one. I understand what you are saying and its fine that you value it that way. I just disagree and if you talk to any red sox fan they act like it would be the biggest travesty in the world if ortiz doesnt win it. I would honestly vote Guerrero for 2nd and then Ortiz but just because with the lineup he plays in Guerrero is more important than Ortiz. Defense doesnt factor in on that one because Guerrero plays a low value position and he plays it poorly. Its just that he has no protection and still has good numbers. This the rangers should have won to be fair to the Yankees is just BS. If the yankees just beat the sox or the Drays or hell took one out of 3 from the royals they would have home field. You made your own bed now lie in it. Also everyone acts like if we played our stars we would have won. Umm last I checked we still usually lose to the angels even when they do play the whole game.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote