View Single Post
Old 02-01-2017, 03:27 PM   #7
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Priorities
1) Center
2) PG (although easier to fill)
3) SG (specifically backup)
4) PF - backup PF might not be a bad idea, but this is a distant 4th
5) SF isn't even a need
Agree with that priority list.

1 and 2 will be dictated by the draft unless we make some type of trade before the deadline. I'm guessing we'll go PG in draft if one of the top are available or go big with someone like Markkanen if the PGs are gone.

If a PG is drafted we'll most likely have to make a trade for a Center.

If a Center is drafted we'll most likely resign DWill and pick up the TO on Harris.

Backup SG can probably be addressed in FA, with our 2nd pick, minor trade, or simply pick up the TO on Harris. Barea and Harris are more than capable in that role and I'd say DWill can play there too along with Wes and Anderson on occasion.

Backup PF will not be needed if we get a legit center. If Dirk is our primary center again next season we'll obviously need to address backup PF but I think DFS will play some at that position going forward too. We should be able to find a backup PF off the scrap pile somewhere.

Agree, #5 isn't even needed. If the BPA when we pick is a SF I could see Donnie trading down to gain more assets.

Last edited by rimrocker; 02-01-2017 at 03:29 PM.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote