View Single Post
Old 02-02-2017, 08:11 PM   #10
Thebo

Thebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to behold

I do not get that trade at all. At first I thought oh nice, Kidd is adding 3point big to the roster. Actually, Hawes has been pretty bad this season from three.

There are no draft picks involved. Looks like Kidd was able to work some kind of magic because Plumlee actually has a rather bad contract. He is earning 12,5M for each of 4 seasons while he averaged 9.7 minutes a game in Milwaukee. Kidd has a weird habit of paying bigs over 10 mil a year and averaging them under 20 minutes a game. I do not expect Hawes and Hibbert to be treated any other way.

Hawes is in Milwaukee to simply spread the floor. If his shot does not improve, he will be warming the bench like Hibbert, who simply is a salary filler and may be released/bought out after trade deadline. When it comes to Miles Plumlee, I guess Hornets are taking a prayer there. No idea why they did not demand even one 2nd round draft pick with him. Really, no idea, what Hornets are trying to accomplish in the NBA.

Charlotte blew things up because they did not like where they were, simply making playoffs but not moving forward. Well, they blew things up and ended up being in the same place before they blew things up. Sure, they are stuck in a LeBron era, but they are still borderline playoff team in weaker Eastern Conference.

Hopefully anyone here can explain me why Hornets agreed to that deal.

I am also sad that Mavs had no chance to jump that deal. Hawes and Hibbert for Bogut would have been nice, although that would have made team's playoff chances better.

Last edited by Thebo; 02-02-2017 at 08:13 PM.
Thebo is offline   Reply With Quote