View Single Post
Old 12-08-2008, 10:16 PM   #76
jefelump

jefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmbwinn View Post
Look at the Century sporter "Golani" Galil clone. Price has actually fallen. They are on backorder at most places right now. But, they can be found. If you want a military style gun, that one is available. Now, if you want a AR15, good luck.

If you want an inexpensive hunting .223, look at Rossi or New England Firearm/Harrington and Richardson.
Dalmations, I was going to suggest NEF (New England Firearms) too. I just saw one on gunbroker.com for less than $100. However, it's a break-top action, which means single shot. No semi-auto.

I was just looking also at the Galil/Golani sporters on gunbroker.com, which is what I bought (before the election, I haven't bought any guns since the election), and there are several of those available, ranging from $700-$900. However, I bought mine from a wholesaler, not at auction. Check out www.classicarms.us. They don't have any listed right now, because they sold out, but I'm sure they will have them again.

If you're going to hunt with a .223, double check the gun laws. I don't know if it's an issue or not in TX, but in some states it's illegal to hunt deer with a 22 caliber bullet. Varmints I'm sure are fine anywhere.

"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain

'Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,'
--Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .
jefelump is offline   Reply With Quote