View Single Post
Old 11-20-2003, 10:54 PM   #55
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all
Default RE:Who should go if one has to?

I saw this in another thread so I wanted to hear what people thought. I would rather just get rid of the controversy with Antwan/Antoine. Get a guy that can really be a backup and a James isn't the answer we need at Center, but he is another body that Can play center.

Quote:
The Pacers are still searching for help in the backcourt. Pacers president Donnie Walsh tried to pry Barry away from the Sonics this summer. The Pacers still have a logjam at forward. With Jonathan Bender coming back any day and the Pacers promising to get him consistent minutes, a Barry-for-Al Harrington swap makes a lot of sense for both teams. Harrington is exactly the type of young, athletic low-post player the Sonics need.
Dallas trades:
SF Antawn Jamison (13.3 ppg, 6.2 rpg, 1.5 apg in 27.6 minutes)
Dallas receives:
C Jerome James (4.1 ppg, 1.6 rpg, 0.4 apg in 14.0 minutes)
PF Al Harrington (13.3 ppg, 5.6 rpg, 1.6 apg in 30.3 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +4.1 ppg, +1.0 rpg, and +0.5 apg.

Seattle trades:
SG Brent Barry (11.9 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 5.4 apg in 34.8 minutes)
C Jerome James (4.1 ppg, 1.6 rpg, 0.4 apg in 14.0 minutes)
Seattle receives:
SF Antawn Jamison (13.3 ppg, 6.2 rpg, 1.5 apg in 11 games)
Change in team outlook: -2.7 ppg, +0.7 rpg, and -4.3 apg.

Indiana trades:
PF Al Harrington (13.3 ppg, 5.6 rpg, 1.6 apg in 30.3 minutes)
Indiana receives:
SG Brent Barry (11.9 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 5.4 apg in 9 games)
Change in team outlook: -1.4 ppg, -1.7 rpg, and +3.8 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Due to Dallas, Seattle, and Indiana being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. Dallas, Seattle, and Indiana had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

These are things that I read and live by!
Ummmmm Ok is offline   Reply With Quote