View Single Post
Old 09-23-2020, 10:27 AM   #84
KillerLeft

KillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant future

Will there be players available at #18 or #31 who will end up being players we like? Absolutely.

Will they end up drafting those players? ...50/50 chance, if you're generous, and I don't mean that to bash the Mavs, I think it's a crap shoot for most teams.

If there's not a trade they like, then by all means, they should shoot their draft shots and hope for the best. I agree that they failed to value the draft enough during the last time around the block, and I agree that generally, they need to do better with that.

But if there IS a trade they like, as a playoff team, for a known commodity, and one that they think moves the needle on their future prospects for success, I don't think they hesitate.

#18 and #31 look good before the draft, but could very easily be the next Justin Anderson and Satnam Singh.

Point is, I won't care whether they make the picks or trade them, as long as the picks are used to add something of significant value to the team.

Last edited by KillerLeft; 09-23-2020 at 10:51 AM.
KillerLeft is offline   Reply With Quote