View Single Post
Old 09-08-2004, 03:41 PM   #42
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:Intellectual Trade

Quote:
Originally posted by: dalmations202
Quote:
It only appears that way because Garnett's intensity and competitiveness are contagious. Duncan is a great player, but he isn't nearly as intense as Garnett. KG can play every position on the floor (literally, as he's shown this past season) and his desire to win really makes players like Fred Hoiberg, Trenton Hassell, and in many ways even Latrell Sprewell, look like they're better than they really are. Sprewell is arguable, but I think this past season, while it might not have been as productive statistically (oh my God!) as seasons with the Knicks have appeared to be in the past, it was still the best year Spree has had since taking the Knicks into the ECF 4 years ago.

Bottom line for me is that Garnett's intensity is infectious, making his team all around better. Duncan doesn't do nearly as much.
Then by your definition, Ron Artest is easily the best player in the league. He is more intense than Garnett ever thought of being. He cusses more, and is even more willing to fight. He can play all 5 positions, and can defend any player in the league. He is surrounded by some average players like J O'Neal, R Miller, but makes them look very productive.

I've changed my vote from TD as the best player in the league to Ron Artest............

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
And wouldn't that make Shaq one of the worst players in the NBA since few are less intense than Shaq?