Thread: Pete Sampras
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2001, 10:22 AM   #19
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

One dimensional tennis is boring to me.
Rusedski is a one dimensional serve and volley player, cause he hasn´t got any baseline game. Edberg was the same.
I like allround players like Sampras. Or like Becker later in his career.
That all around kind of tennis is dying, cause it´s so hard to master every aspect of the game. A lot of players seem to decide between baseline and volley play these days, and they pick baseline tennis. Cause todays tennis is so quick that it´s very hard to survive as a pure serve and volley player.
I just wish there would be some more allround players like Sampras, but I guess in todays tennis, it would take a tremendous talent to master a style like this.
Between one dimensional baseline and serve&volley players I´m with you though. I´d pick baseline over serve&volley any day.
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote