Thread: David Lee
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2016, 12:11 AM   #73
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

My only issue with DH12(outside the obvious mental midget aspect) is his refusal to be PnR heavy. I've been reading for years how he doesn't want to be "just a PnR guy". It depends on how heavily he wants to be featured in an offense. If he could accept a role where he is primarily PnR with just some post ups he's my number one choice. I also don't think he's getting the max. With the NBA trending to small ball and DH12 not being as mobile of a defender as well as not having the same kind of bounce to his game(and his injuries taking their toll). It's just my opinion that he wouldn't get a max offer from a place he would want to be. It only takes one team giving him the max but that one team would also have to be a place DH12 would be happy. He seems more like a guy who wants to be happy and paid rather than just paid. I haven't watched him enough this season to see what his lateral quickness is like but our defense currently is hurt by our perimeter defenders sagging off to help protect the paint, leaving wide open 3's all game long. If DH12 has the mobility to just adequately police the paint with minimal assistance for the remainder of Dirks window then I'll take him, if not then I guess I'd explore the options of someone like Noah as a reclamation project. I think I'd even be "ok" with looking at someone like Mozgov or kicking the tires of Mahinmi. But given our luck of going from Plan A and ending up at plan C-D I'm also prepared to be disappointed and see someone like Al Jefferson(terrible fit with Dirk) or Hibbert and continue to see wide open 3's by helping out in the paint.

At least there seems to be enough big men out there that even in a worst case scenario type situation we could get a serviceable platoon and maintain the usual 6-8th seed and try to make Dirk's last few years as competitive as we can.

Last edited by Bryan_Wilson; 02-21-2016 at 12:12 AM.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote