Thread: Now what?
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2022, 05:32 PM   #1072
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
What does may have interest mean? Never heard of Chris Fedor either.

And of course they aren't attracted to the pieces we have. Mavs have no clue how to acquire assets teams actually want. Diamond Powell!
That may be true of Donnie, but we are just 1 year and 1 month into the Nico era, so I don't think its fair to blame him for past failures. So far, he's added Dinwiddie, Bullock, Wood, Josh Hardy, Frank Nilikina, and Bertans, and the only one on a bad contract is Bertans, which is the price of getting out from under KP's max deal. I think all of those guys have more value in an NBA trade than, say, Josh Powell. He also resigned DFS on a great deal and THJ on a not so great one. But overall, he's had a decent year, considering he started with zero assets.

Sure its frustrating to lose JB. But when the season started and the $55 million dollar deal was on the table, we'd just come through a playoff series he watched from the bench. It was only when Luka got sick that he got a chance and played his way into the starting line up. By the trade deadline, I don't think he would have stayed for $55 mil...not with his dad coaching for the Knicks and promising him a lot more.

Nico is building value piece by piece. I suggest we give him more than 13 months before we label him a failure, mainly because Donnie sucked, and Rick could not imagine a defense that would let Brunson stay on the floor. That's 2 major problems Nico and Kidd solved. Not their fault the Mavs have wasted all their draft picks, trading for KP, and Rondo. I think they are doing pretty good playing with the cards they inherited.