View Single Post
Old 08-16-2007, 07:41 PM   #1
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all
Default PJ Brown Sighting

The Dallas Mavericks are waiting to hear from free agent P.J. Brown, who is expected to announce a decision this week.

"He knows who we are, what we are and what we have to offer," Mavericks president of basketball operations Donnie Nelson said by phone. "We're hopeful things work out."

The Mavericks, meanwhile, haven't ruled out haven't another unrestricted big man, Chris Webber.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Fox affiliate in Phoenix, has reported that P.J. Brown was in town Tuesday, talking about a deal with Phoenix Suns' GM Steve Kerr.

Brown's agent, Mark Bartelstein, said Monday that no visits were planned when asked directly. On Tuesday, Bartelstein said that Brown might take longer than this week to decide his future.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brown is 38 and getting up in age. 6'11" 239lbs. Good defender inside, good scorrer thru out his career. Rebounds good. Let's all remember, he is 38 but has always been a good player on both sides of the ball. Phx needs him badly to have anykind of shot to get past the Spurs and yes he will help but i think he is to old now, to put them past the Spurs in a series. Maybe he could have at age 28.

He also helps the Mavs because you can bring him in off the bench at center or PF and he plays inside and has some range outside. He doesn't get pushed around. He holds his position very good. His big question is age and he want's a big pay day, still.

Webber will probably be the other we go after, if we don't land Brown. 6'10, 245lbs. 34 years old but this is not 38 years old. I question Browns age and i have wanted to get him as he fills two positions off the bench. Webber is 4 years younger, an inch shorter. He had a very good year last year at 11 points, 7 rebounds and 3 ast. He shot one of his best ever last year at 49%. Over the years i have questioned his defense some. He is also a forward/center. If we are not playing a team with a dominating big man in the middle, Webber, Dirk, Howard, SG and PG could be a load for another team to handle. Plus you have bigs in Bass, Diop, Dampier. This also holds true with PJ Brown. Brown seems to play more inside and Webber not way outside but goes out some and shoots alot outside. He can heat up or he can shoot and shoot even if it isn't going in but his career he is a 48% and this is very, very good.

I have never been a big Webber fan but i feel he can help us. Maybe even more so than Brown. Brown can be a stopper or has been in years past but Webber is ok on defense and can score inside/outside and is a better offensive player and 4 years younger.

I would not be disapointed in either player. I feel either helps our team and alot. Detroit also want's Webber back. Webber should be able to fill two positions also.
---------------------------------------------------------

It is talks Posey won't resign with the Heat. Then who? Not sure who all is interested. Grizz get's Spanish guard Juan Carlos Navarro and this should be good for Gasol. Spurs sign Ime Udoka. Pistons sign Jarvis Hayes.
Janett_Reno is offline   Reply With Quote