View Single Post
Old 04-12-2010, 08:02 AM   #58
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
In Chumdawg's defense, ESPN didn't really make a huge deal out of it like they should have.
No mention of it being the 2nd highest 4th quarter scoring feat behind Wilt Chamberlain's 31 in a 4th quarter.

I was mad @ ESPN, all they mentioned was that it was a Dallas franchise record. When Carmelo scored 33 in a 3rd quarter against the sh!tbag timberwolves, they talked about it for all last season during Nuggets game much later in the season and the whole nine.

But Dirk comes within 2 points of the NBA's greatest 4th quarter in history, to lead his team back from a 16 point deficit to start the 4th, against a 50-win Utah team, and they talked about it for 1 24 hour news cycle.

Shame.
Dirk could have gotten 31. In one of the last possessions Kidd was about to inbound the ball after Utah scored. He passed the ball to Terry and Terry got fouled immediately (30 seconds to go, the foul itself not visible in that video; same happened with Dirk like 15 seconds earlier and he scored points 28 and 29 from the line), because Utah had no other choice than sending Dallas to the FT-line. If Kidd had passed the ball to Dirk instead, I'm sure that he would have tied Wilt's record. There is another video on youtube showing the entire 4th quarter (the vid has two parts) and you can see it.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)

Last edited by Sportstudi; 04-12-2010 at 08:21 AM.
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote