View Single Post
Old 09-21-2007, 05:27 PM   #70
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokey41
I don't see what your not getting here... Sloan's system is terrible for AK-47. It's that simple, he just doens't have a spot. This leads to people saying he is overpaid and is just plain not as good as his contract indicates.

AK has finally become vocal about it simply because he's tired of all the criticism he's getting for being an underacheiver when it is not his fault (at least not entirely, I don't think at all but i'm sure someone will want to argue otherwise). Can you blame a guy for that? Absolutely not.

His attitude is NOT a problem. He is not an Artest or a Kobe, he just wants out because he has no spot on the roster to maximize his talents. At Eurobasket he was given that opportunity to showcase what he can do (and there's no denying he showed us all just that with Russia being victorious and him becoming tourney MVP).

I think it's time to lift the rose colored glasses, AK is not an ego maniac and superstars make trade demands all the time. You don't seem to be concerned about Kobe's and J.O's attitude when they did the exact same thing this summer. Yet you would be all for them coming here? Please.
How can you mention not using his talents then mention Kobe? The Lakers organization has failed Kobe many times. They have failed to get talent around him that can win and be serious contenders.

Did you seem concerned with Kobe made his trade demands? I can look all over these trends to find where people called out Kobe for wanting to be traded. They even call him a rapist, when in fact he did NOT rape anyone. As of matter of fact, the accuser dropped her case, but we still hear the Kobe is a rapist comments everytime someone mention Kobe coming here.

How can you say that Sloan's system has failed him? The players play the game on the floor. AK is not out of place. He plays out of place, because he thinks he can shoot outside, when in fact he cant. As of matter of fact, he has ZERO inside game as well. He is a garbage basket type of player on offense. If he would put forth more effort, he could still do this, if he stops crying all the time. Stop crying and play ball.

Another difference with Kobe, is that right now he is not calling out his HOF coach. His HOF coach agrees with him as well, and they both will be gone. You got Phil and Kobe both saying the Laker's organization is not fielding a competitive team. They are wasting the prime years of Kobe, so yes, that is different based on those two reasons. And please dont ever compare the best player in the league to AK. That is a disgrace to every NBA player that ever played.

ANY team that would NOT pick up Kobe is a sorry excuse for a team. And I feel that 100% of the teams in the league would get Kobe if they could match up the numbers to make the trade. Lastly, AK is not a Superstar as well.
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote