View Single Post
Old 10-02-2008, 02:25 PM   #110
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg_veteran
Your attempt to cast McCain supporters as "out of ideas" falls flat.
What I meant was to case the McCain campaign as out of ideas. I'm pretty sure that is revealing itself to be quite true. (No, I'm not counting wild political gambits as "ideas" in this sense.)

I'm wondering, this afternoon, which side has more to lose tonight. I thought McCain had more to lose in the first debate, and I think that probably is how it played out. Evidently he at the least played to a draw in the debate, and yet he still seems to have taken a nosedive in the polls. A poor performance by him in the first debate may have all but shut the door on him.

In this debate, I'm thinking Obama has more to lose. I'm not sure that Biden can simply debate Palin to a draw, without Obama seeing a dropoff in the polls. Perhaps part of the reason for Obama's present lead in the polls is that voters are "speculating" to some extent. In other words, perhaps they are anticipating an ugly Palin defeat and already forming judgments accordingly.

I expect Biden to perform well tonight, but I think he needs a clear victory if the Obama ticket wants to keep up its momentum. As for the McCain ticket, well, there doesn't seem to be a lot left to lose at this point. Maybe Palin ought to go into the debate tonight like a wounded tiger, throw caution to the wind, and let the chips fall where they may.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote