View Single Post
Old 12-13-2009, 03:24 PM   #69
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
I do not think so and if it were not for holger, he wouldn't have this skill either. He'd be sitting on the block getting bulky and being a mid-level big.

I'm not sure enough people give handles the credit they deserve (I know I haven't until recently). Watching hump/bass for example is startling. Bass has NO handles and hump has some pretty good ones, allowing him to get the ball at the ft-line extened and still take it to the hole.

If I were Howards (and Jets) coach I would ask holger how to improve their handles, it would be a tremendous benefit to their games.
I agree that ball handling is an underrated skill. Michael Finley would have been a completely different player if he'd been able to handle the ball in traffic.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote